Thursday, April 21, 2005

kulit bulilit vol. 1

kids say the darndest things.

during my second year as a preschool teacher, i decided to compile funny and memorable quotes of my kids (i handle toddlers Ü). armed with my handy dandy notebook, i started scribbling away. shempre, nung una ang sipag ko pa. unfortunately, i wasn't able to do it consistently (can you say mañana habit??). well, i swore to myself that i'll work on my "book" again this coming schoolyear...[o, walang kokontra!]

anyway, here's the current list of my favorite quotes from my toddlers. have fun! (if some of them aren't that funny, well, you should have been there when it happened. trust me, it was definitely hilarious.)

1. "Look, I'm drinking like a lady!" - Martin drinking his packed juice daintily (with his pinky finger sticking out!)

2. one time, Nik wanted to use Teacher Rinna's cellphone to talk to his daddy. Teacher Rinna hasn't paid her bill yet so Nik couldn't use her phone.
a few days after that, Nik wanted to call his daddy again. Teacher Rinna (who paid her bill already) handed him her phone after she dialed his dad's number. when Nik heard that the line was busy, he turned to Teacher Rinna and innocently asked, "Bayad ka na?"
[this gave us a good laugh :) ]

3. "I want to call Daddy!" - Nik exclaimed while his dad came out of the restroom and was standing right behind him

4. "How big naman this baby!" - Dani while hugging Jaime

5. "Hi pogi!" - Teacher Alice to Javi
Chino burst into boisterous laughter.
"Pogi!" - Chino pointing at Javi (and still roaring with laughter)

6. "The radio in the bus goes bee-bop-baduy!" - Chino making up his own lyrics to "Wheels on the Bus"
"Who's baduy, Chino?" - Teacher Alice, amused
"Uh...Javi!" - Chino suddenly pointing at Javi [poor Javi!]
"I'm not baduy!" - Javi exclaimed indignantly

7. "I'm chasing after Martin!" - Dani while riding the tricycle in the garage
"Dani, Martin's over there," - me [holding my laughter], pointing out Martin, who was at the other side of the garage
(Pause) "Oh."

8. Javi sat on the bench beside Manisha. Isabel suddenly wanted to take his place.
"Javi, only girls!" - Manisha told him
"Only boys!" - Javi, defending himself
"Manisha, Javi was first." - Teacher Alice, settling the issue
Manisha suddenly turned to Isabel.
"Isabel, Javi was first!" - Manisha, trying to save face :)

9. "Manisha, what color is that?" - Kaitlin
"It's blue. Kaitlin, say ba-lu. Balu." - Manisha teaching Kaitlin how to say blue

10. "JAIMEN!" - Bianca calling JAIME at the top of her voice while we were in the playground

11. "Baby!" - Dani walking towards Jaime with her arms open wide
"No baby!" - Jaime running away from Dani
[during the first semester, Jaime became Dani's favorite classmate. she declared to us - and to the people at home - that he was her baby. :)]

12. This happened during Choice Time.

a. My conversation w/ Javi:
"What are you drawing, Javi?"
"A monster!"
"What's happening to your monster?" [he was making violent strokes on his paper]
"The monster is dying and dying!"
"Why is he dying?"
"Because he's dead!"

b. Chino (seated beside Javi) was also drawing.
"I'm drawing a monster!" - Chino
"What's your monster doing?" - Teacher Alice
"He's bathing...in a bathtub."

c. "My monster is dead!" - Chino (after he heard my conversation w/ Javi)
"Why is he dead?" - me, smiling
"Because he went to the supermarket."
[somehow i'm afraid to ask his mom what happened the last time they went to the supermarket...]

13. "How is she feeling?" - me, as i was reading a story to Isabel
"Sad."
"Why is she sad?"
"Because she's not happy." - Isabel
[i had to ask.]

14. I was reading a Sesame Street story.
"Friends, where do you think they're going?" - me, showing them a picture of the characters riding a school bus
"To Megamall." - Chino, grinning.

15. "This one is for Mama. This one is for Papa. And this one is for the little boy who lives down the lane." - Chino showing me the different miniature furniture in the Dramatics Area

16. while we were having Circle Time, the kids were having a "friendly" conversation about superheroes.
"I'm Batman!" - Javi
"I'm Wonder Woman!" - Manisha
"I'm Spiderman!" - Chino
"I'm Superwoman!" - Kaitlin
"I'm Superman!" - Javi
"I'm Supergirl!" - Manisha
[pause...we had a feeling they ran out of superheroes. hehehe.]
Kaitlin suddenly exclaimed with arms held up high, "I'M KRYSTALA!"
[Teacher Alice and I ended up rolling on the floor laughing. i thought i was going to bust a gut.]

4 comments:

Carrie4247 said...

ha! ha! ha! i'm getting teary-eyed and my officemates might be thinking i'm losing it :D this is just so funny! can i sit in? teacher Aby, pleeeezzzz! ;D

aby said...

hey ricababes!

sayang, di mo nakita nung nangyari. mas nakakatawa pa sya! hehe.

sit-in? suuure! just make sure to bring lots of tissue. babaw pa naman kaligayahan mo. :D

Carrie4247 said...

wellll, excuuse meee! ako?? mababaw ang kaliga..of course not! mas mababaw ka no :P he he he...

aby said...

ako? mababaw? seryoso ko nga e....